Monday, June 4, 2012

Tiger wins the Memorial a lo Tiger (or a lo Nicklaus)

Tiger Woods wins the 2012 Memorial Tournament in a spectacular Sunday finish, reminding the golfing world that he is back.

I watched  a lot of Tiger on TV this week end and I liked what I saw.

I think that the key for this week was his superb shot planning and overall course management. He hit a bunch of three woods off the tee and when he missed shots, he did so in the right places.

This was a typical Jack Nicklaus´ characteristic........nobody was better than Jack at course management and at planning golf shots rigorously and conservatively.

But the most important factor going forward is that it seems that Tiger´s swing changes have now gelled. It definitely looks like the changes are now automatic and he can play golf without having to "think swing" on the golf course.

Last but not least, Tiger´s short game and putter reminded us all of the Tiger of old. He was superb when it came to flops, short wedges, chips and clutch putts.

Let me repeat something I have been telling my spanish language blog readers for some time. All Tiger needed was patience. Patience because it just takes some time (and thousands of repetitions) to automatize a new swing. And no doubt that Tiger was putting in the work.

Now, I am sure that Tiger will be a factor, at least at two, of the three remaining 2012 Majors.

No comments:

Post a Comment